Home Portal Guide
STI- Education Data Management Solutions
Information NOW Home Portal Quick
This document contains a brief overview of all of the options
available in the InformationNOW
home portal. Depending on how your child's school uses the
program, all options may not be available to you. For questions
concerning the home portal, please contact your child's school.
To obtain a login and the Web site to access your child's
information, contact your child's school. When you have the login
• Open a Web browser window.
• Go to the web site URL given by the school.
• Enter the User Name and Password. If you Forgot our
password, click the Forgot your password? Link and follow
the instructions provided.
• Click Login
The first time you log in, you may need to reset your password
for security purposes. If so, enter the old password. Then enter
the new password and retype it in the space provided. Click
OK to save the changes.
• Student: If you have more than one child
enrolled in the district, click the student drop-list to select a
different student. If you don't see all of your children on the
list, contact the school.
• School/Academic Session: Each year that a
child is enrolled in a school in the district, they are enrolled in
an academic session. Click the drop-list to select a different year
(academic session) and view grades, requests, etc. for that
• Home Page: A list of announcements will
display. Some announcements may have a blue link that you may click
to view more details.
• School Calendar: Displays a calendar of
school events and schedules. An event will display as a blue link.
Click the link to view more details. Non-attendance days appear in
gray. Click the Month drop-list to view a
different month or click the >> or
<< arrows to navigate to a different
• Click Events to view events for that
month. Click Schedule to view the attendance
days/schedule (early out days, rotation days). Click
Both to view both events and the schedule.
Displays the child's attendance records for the year including the
date, term, periods of the day that were missed, the level (all,
half), reason, category (excused, unexcused) and any notes that
were entered by your child's school.
• Click the Date of the absence to view more
• View Period Absences: Click to view a list
of all periods missed.
• View Check In/Check Out: Click to view a
list of the dates/times that your child checked in or out from
• Term: All terms will display by default.
Click the drop arrow and select to view the absences by term.
Displays the basic demographic information on file at your child's
school. If any information needs to be corrected, please contact
Click to view a list of any applicable discipline records for your
child for this year including the date, infraction, inf. count (how
many times the student committed this infraction), demerits,
disposition, disp. count (how many times the student received this
disposition) and the date on which the student must serve the
• Click the Date to view more details
about the discipline record.
• Click the History button to view all of
your child's discipline records, not just those for the selected
Displays all of the current running averages (grades) for your
• Grading Period: The current grading period
will display by default. Click the drop-list to select a different
• A: Click to view the individual grades for
the child's activities such as homework, quizzes, and tests. Click
the + button to view more details about the activity. Click the
Progress Report button to view/print a report for
your child's activities for this class.
• D: Click to view more details about your
child's grade for this class.
Displays the schedule that your child has for the selected year
(academic session). All terms will display by default but you may
click the Term drop-list and select to view just
one term of your child's schedule.
InformationNOW uses Adobe Acrobat Reader
to display reports. To view or print these reports, you may need to
install the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, available at http://www.adobe.com.
• Comprehensive Progress: A list of
activity grades such as homework, quizzes or tests for all
• Report Card: A report of the student's
report card grades, such as quarter and semester grades and
• Standard Report Card: A standards-based
report card including marks for certain standards such as Able
to tie shoes or Able to evaluate mathematic strategies of
• Unofficial Transcript: A student's unofficial transcript. A
watermark will print indicating this is an unofficial copy.
Therefore this transcript may not be submitted to colleges for
• Alerts: You may elect to Go
Green. If you do, you will receive an e-mail from the school
announcing when reports such as report cards or progress reports
are available for viewing online. You will not receive a printed
report. To Go Green check the box and enter a primary
e-mail address. An e-mail will be sent from the school when an
electronic version of a report is ready. To view the report, log in
to InformationNOW, and under the
Reports link on the left, click the desired
• Email: Enter the primary e-mail address
for the school to use for announcements and other
• Change Password: To change your password ,
enter the new password and then re-type the password in the field
provided. Passwords must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a minimum of eight alpha-numeric characters in
• Must contain at least one number and one letter.
• Cannot be password, pass, administrator, or
• Cannot be same as username.